When I decided to start blogging, it was really to help myself keep track of my projects, lessons learned, and give myself a creative outlet.
I’m touched that anyone at all decides to follow me, and I was speechless when Rene at periwinklepursuits thought enough of my little corner of the inter-webs that she nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. Thanks, Rene! I’ve had a rough few weeks and you really made my day!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 – 20 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
On to the fun facts…
- I taught myself to knit a few years ago when I was staying up nights watching over my dying grandmother in a nursing home. I still think of her when I see the cowl I was making.
- I have been a 911 operator for 14 long-ass years. I have three CPR saves to my credit. Some of those stories are bittersweet, but it’s why I still show up every day.
- If I go to long without spending time with my horses, the hubs says I turn into a crazy person. Nobody wants that…
- I hate tomatoes.
- And spiders. I really hate spiders.
I do follow some pretty amazing blogs. One of my favorite things to do between calls on a slow night is catch up on my feed. I’m constantly amazed at the talent and creativity out in this world of ours. Here are my nominations:
- Glennaknits – this is the blog that introduced me to knitting blogs and a source of knitting inspiration.
- Yarn Harlot – how can you not love how real Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee and her never-fading sence of humor?
- Judyschickens – she saved the day last Chrismas with her easy cranberry pie recipe. It is now a family favorite!
- Joeycake – great recipes and hilarious commentary. I’ve been following her so long, I feel like we could be friends
- Untangling Knots — Andi is so creative and her blog posts are always colorful and interesting. She’s also starting up a new online magazine. Go check her out!
- Ontheneedles – full of great projects, tutorials, and interesting knitterly things!
- The Knitting Doctor – I love a blog that follows a variety of works in progress. I got hooked on Lorette’s blog this winter during quiet grave shifts.
- The Knitting Samurai – if you are interested in a little knitting history, she’s done her research. There is some fascinating stuff here, though it doesn’t look like she’s posted in a while.
- The Snail of Happiness – a sweet and colorful blog about knitting, and chickens and recently, a weekly post about things that make her happy. … And adorable knitted snails!
- Knitting Like Crazy – I’ve peeked in on this one for years. Has been fun watching Jen evolve from knitter to designer. I hope to do the same one day!
- Limescented – posts full of some serious eye candy for this knitter.
- String Geekery – I’m not sure how she does it, but Naomi can turn a random word into a magical mathematical formula and charts it into interesting and beautiful lace.
- Knit the Hell Out – talented knitter and designer with a great eye for photographing her knits. I love following along.
- The Applejack Blog – a lovely regular knitting blog filled with envious stash pictures, a few tips, and of course, knitting!
I hope you find these spaces as enjoyable as I do. I’m off to knit!